TEXAS AMATEUR QUARTER HORSE ASSOCIATION
TAQHA & Big County Quarter Horse Association
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2018
To further the Show’s objective of encouraging young people to further their education and by increasing participation in the Texas Amateur State Championship Show & The Big County Quarter Horse Association and to support their education.
Students awarded a scholarship will receive a certificate indicating the amount of the scholarship won. The scholarship will be paid beginning with the first semester the student is enrolled in an accredited degree plan at a technical school, college or university. The certificate should be presented to the registrar or financial aid office of the technical school, college or university the student chooses to attend. Instructions for redemption are printed on the back of the certificate. Upon verification of the student’s enrollment, the Texas Amateur State Championship Show & The Big County Quarter Horse Association will issue a check directly to the student’s technical school, college or university.
(2) $500 YOUTH & (2) $500 AMATEUR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. Youth: Boys and girls ages 15 – 18 entered in Texas Amateur State Championship Show in conjunction with Big County Quarter Horse Association will be eligible.
2. Amateur: 19+ entered in Texas Amateur State Championship Show & The Big County Quarter Horse Association will be eligible.
3. To qualify for the scholarships the exhibitor must fill out the application, show in a minimum of 3 of their respective classes (youth / amateur) and be present for the drawing on Saturday.
4. The Scholarships will be awarded based on a random drawing. “Tickets” to the drawing will be awarded based on:
A. 1 ticket for a 100% completed application
B. Up to 2 tickets awarded for the completed essay
C. Up to 5 tickets for each class entered in the Thursday/Friday show
D. Up to 4 tickets awarded in the game held Saturday before the random drawing
5. An exhibitor is only eligible to win 1 scholarship per year.
6. The winners will be awarded a non-transferable / non-replaceable certificate to submit for payment directly to the student’s technical school, college or university.
1. Sponsorship fee $500 – Due by May 1st
2. Sponsors will receive recognition from the horse show announcers.
3. Sponsors will be listed on the website as well as at the show.
4. Although the sponsors will receive promotional announcements and listing, the primary consideration is the educational and financial opportunity that the sponsors are providing each youth / amateur.
5. Sponsorship option of no recognition: The sponsor may choose to remain anonymous with their contribution. It should be understood that if the sponsor chooses no recognition, their name will not appear in any promotional listings.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 SPONSORS
CHUCK BRIGGS/TURNING POINT RANCH
BRIGGS SHOW HORSES
CAMPLBELL SHOW HORSES
DRY RIVER RANCH
FOSSIL GATE FARMS
ROBIN FRID SHOW HORSES
GIL GAYLEAN QUARTER HORSES
HIGHPOINT PERFORMANCE HORSES
JEWETT PERFORMANCE HORSES
KNABENSHUE PERFORMANCE HORSES
JAMIE, TATE & AVA OAKLEY
GEORGIANNA BUSBOOM RENAURD
LINDA & JEFF SARGENT
VICKERY PERFORMANCE HORSES
WALQUIST QUARTER HORSES
DUKE WILLIAMS PERFORMANCE HORSES
DON BELL PROPERTIES